Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's good to be back

Hello friends, apologies for the lack of fresh goodies the last week. Life's been taking up a lot of my time lately - working, travelling, celebrating birthdays and weddings, etcetera, etcetera...

The week started with some time reviewing reams and reams of polling data, voter databases and analyses of previous elections to start putting the state plan for PA together. Trying to make sense of all the data to figure out where the votes are going to come from is an intimidating deal but I've never been involved with this aspect of campaign planning before so I'm pretty psyched. I'm supposed to be heading up the Keystone State this week to start laying some groundwork and then before I know it it's gonna be June, then August, then I'll blink and it'll be November. Crazy. You know what time it is...


On Friday, I left D.C. to start making my way up to Albany. One of my good friends from college was getting married on Saturday but Friday was this old boy's birthday so a layover in NYC Friday night was in order. Hit the usual places with the usual gang and a good time was had by all.

Famous people born on April 21st:

Charlotte Bronte, John Muir, Queen Elizabeth II, Tony Danza, Iggy Pop, Andie McDowell, Robert Smith of The Cure, Charles Grodin and Catherine the Great. Can I get a hell yeah?

Tony flashing that winning Taurean smile

I manage to get one hour of sleep before up and at em in a car up the NYS Thruway to Capital City. Maria got married in the giant Catholic cathedral right next to Empire Plaza. The service was beautiful but as an M.O.T. I have many questions. For starters, who's really in charge of this thing? The guy with the white hat or the guy with the red hat? The guy in the red hat tells everybody when to sit and stand but the guy in the white hat keeps raising his arms up and singing loudly. In the name of brevancy I'll digress but it's a good thing the bride was a good friend of mine because organized religion on an empty stomach and an hour of sleep make Ben something something...


After the wedding comes the reception and when the Cuse is in the house with an open bar you know the good times are bout to flow like liquid gin..pictures and more posts coming soon.

No comments: