Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dream, 1/25

As written upon waking up at 8:30 PST yesterday morning:

Sitting at desk in office when approaced by Sen. John Edwards. Introduced. Begins speaking of possible place for me in his campaign.

"What kind of people live in Nevada/new Mexico?" His eyebrow is raised.

"Latino...er, Spanish?"

Wants to know if I'd be interested in pitching his renewable energy plan to Latinos in Southwest.

I leave office and wander long hallways to get outside and get back to my car. Get to car, realize I forgot my shoes under office desk and my socks have holes in them. Walk back to office.

Myr of Hbkn Dave Roberts is now there reclining on chair speaking with Sen. Edwards.

"Dave Roberts!" Embarrassed for being too casual

"Ben...." he doesn't remember my last name

"...Mayor Roberts, how are you?" More formal now.

Barack Obama is now sitting at the desk I was at. I say excuse me and look under desk and find my shoes and put them on. Obama gets up and I help him with his jacket

"Can I help you with that, Senator?"

"Thank you Sir" as he hands me his discarded undershirt. Feel embarassed to be so obviously more respectful to Obama in front of Edwards. Edwards and I admire Sen. Obama's undershirt: white with ABA All-Star logo, has holograms of cities' names, big hoop and net and the face of some smiling dude in the middle.

No comments: