Friday, May 05, 2006

Blog Mix Tape

I relate to John Cusack's character in High Fidelity. I'm sure lots of guys do. That being said, here are three observations that all involve breaking events and artifacts into categores suitable for ranking:

1. Happy Anniversary to me.

16 years ago today I became a man in the eyes of the Jewish faith. Not coincidentally, this is the 16th Anniversary of My Greatest Social Calendar Year Ever. Better than sophomore year of college, better than recent years involving much travel. Back in 1990, there were about 40 kids in my hebrew school class. Every one of them had a Bar or Bat Mitzvah and I was invited to most of them. That meant almost every weekend for a full year I was slipping into my suit (brown) and scoping hotel ballrooms for any fly relatives of my classmates. It didn't matter that we were doing the Electric Slide and playing Coke and Pepsi. We were learning how to mack. And if you can mack while doing the Electric Slide, you deserve to be considered a man in the eyes of any faith.

2. Band of Horses' Everything All the Time deserves consideration for Top Ten "Sunday Morning" Albums Released This Millenium. Aquarium Drunkard tagged these guys just right: combo of Built to Spill, My Morning Jacket and the Shins....MMJ's shoe-gazing younger brothers.

Band of Horses:

The Funeral

I Lost My Dingle on the Red Line

Bass Song

Wicked

3. Items are listed so that the lister may derive the pleasure of scratching them from the list upon completion. I was recently given much joy by being able to scratch an item off my "Things That Must Be Created So I May View Them Before I Die" list, namely, a movie about penguins narrated by Morgan Freeman. That came in at #7.

But today, I put a big ol' scratcheroo through #3! An astounding juggling performance set to the Beatles' Abbey Road medley. Amazing!

Have a good weekend everybody!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chris bliss has changed our lives. we wish we could juggle like that. thank you, ben

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»