Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Bobby

I was thinkin bout diamonds and the world's biggest necklace!

Some videos to celebrate America's greatest living artist. I will cry when he is gone.

1. A classic from my favorite Dylan era, the Desire/Rolling Thunder/Scarlet Rivera/Is That Face Paint or Cocaine tour: Tangled Up in Blue

2. Bob and the Man in Black do Girl from the North Country

3. From Don't Look Back, the video for Subterranean Homesick Blues that inspired that other video by INXS.

4. Not Bob but one of his tunes - Pearl Jam doing Masters of War from the 1992 Dylan Tribute concert. I threw this one in so I could also mention that I'm finally catching Pearl Jam live in concert this Sunday - the last band on my list of bands I need to see before I'm able to die happy. I remember making this list for the first time immediately after I saw Dylan play the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse back in 1996 just so I could scratch his name off the list.

5. My favorite Dylan tune, Isis, with the man at the peak of his ability to perform on lots and lots of cocaine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»