Thursday, January 12, 2006

All I need is an annoying fat guy that sells shower curtain rings...

Reporting live from Chicago...this is BEN.

Argh...last night's flight from Portland into Chicago arrived after my flight from Chicago to D.C. had already taken off. After shelling out the bucks for a discounted hotel room nearby, and setting a 5am wake up call to make the first available plane out, fog in D.C. has cancelled the friggin' flight. Apologies for the harsh language folks...it's been a long 20 hours. In the meantime, here's my list of stuff to do during the next two weeks to D.C.:

Clean car, sell car, appear in court to plead guilty to driving with an expired and suspended license, touch base with contacts at Democratic Governors Asso, America Votes and elsewhere re: potential work in second half of 2006, cash-in $100 credit towards phone upgrade, firebomb Verizon customer service HQ, pack essentials for Oregon.

Unless I hear an offer I can't refuse, it looks like I'll be organizing the field effort to qualify 4-6 ballot initiatives in Oregon for the next few months. Good issues, good people to work with, good pay, good city = good times. More on campaign specifics later.

Alright, this post is costing me money. O'Hare doesn't have wifi so I'm paying $.65 a minute to sit in a faux office, complete with Epson black and white printer, impressive-looking phone with many buttons and a sign telling me I can call Malaysia with no extra charge. All so I can unburden myself to you, my hypothetical audience. What a country! In Soviet Russia, audience unburdens you! Or something.

OK, last thought: Though I haven't left the airport, I forgot how great a city Chicago is. The people, the newspapers, the attitude, everything. Don't sleep. Later.

No comments: