Friday, January 20, 2006

Avoiding the Google Monkeys

Illadelph

I had to pull the plug on my first attempt at blogging earlier this year due to stupidity. It's difficult to live in the worlds of a candid blogger and a slightly-connected political operative at the same time. Hence, all controversial names have been intialized to protect their identity from the aforementioned Google monkeys.

If someone had told me a year ago, when I was just starting to dip my big toe in the milky world of political consulting, that, at this time this year, I would be editing the 2006 statewide voter contact plan for Ohio at a desk in the office next to SR (1, 2), I would've called bullshit. But truth stranger fiction blahblahblah...

Quick weekly recap:

Monday - supervised finishing touches on new kitchen being installed in old house

Tuesday - gym, surfed web, baked lasagna in brand-new kitchen

Wednesday - got my D.C. on: attended reception for swearing-in of Sen. Menendez (D-NJ) at D.C. Hyatt, shook hands with Ted Kennedy, sipped champagne in the Thomas Jefferson suite at the Willard Intercontinental, shook hands with Steve Rothman (D-NJ's Fightin 9th), got tanked with next mayor of Hoboken at several swingin D.C. establishments.

Thursday - edited Ohio statewide plan, met with SR and others

Friday - gym, surfed web, cooked chili

Now for the goodies:

One guy in Washington State refers to "Eye Gunk" as "Kitty"

1) Soda vs. Pop cleared up, but apparently the jury is still out on the sprinkles/jimmies debate. I find this site endlessly fascinating.

2) I think if we pooled our money we could not only afford three of these things, but also hire a goon to forcibly attach them to Tucker Carlson's nipples and perineum.

3) Bork bork bork! (1, 2)

Well, barring a major upset, it looks like the SSA Express will be pulling into the City of Brotherly Love for it's next campaign stop. Two big seats at stake and a chance to crush Mr. Frothy Mixture himself. Living up to its name, the O.G. made me an offer I'd be stupid to ignore.

(sigh)

Someday Portland, someday.

No comments: