Thursday, February 23, 2006

Via Chicago redux


"Are you employed, sir?"

"Employed?"

"You don't go out and make a living dressed like that in the middle of a weekday."

"Is this a--what day is this?"

(sigh) Well, it's been a lovely three months of traveling, writing, blogging, and trying to healthy up a bit but the campaign train whistle is blowing. Next stop: Windy City. Well, for a month, anyway. The gig runs up until the Democratic primary on March 21st, which hopefully gives some of the other campaigns I've been talking to enough time to get their ducks in order so I can just bounce from Chi-town to The Next.

I don't want to get into specifics for fear of getting hit by the scat-tossing Google Monkeys but if anyone is curious just holler at me and I'll tell you what I got so far. I expect the result of my return to Chicago, aside from asking people on the street if they know what the Midwest is, will be less time spent hob-blogging and more time hob-nobbing with a little bit of knob-slobbing thrown in there for good measure. The first thing they teach you in campaign class is that a little bit of slobber on the knob goes a long way towards not getting the shaft. I actually just made that up but it works so it must be true.

Mike Myers found out what the Midwest is

Anyway, I'm psyched to be heading back to a legitimate city, especially the Chi. Had a lot of fun there this time last year and hope to look up some old pals. And the man says "write if you get work", not "until", so I expect the frequency of posts on this blog to slow but not stop. Catch ya later pals and gals.

1 comment:

David Weinberg said...

Congrats on the gig B.T. Good work.

Eric and Joc have two (2) kids??? Who knew. Perhaps after two children I should also take some time off from fantasy football.